Our Lawyers Represent Persons Injured in Van Accidents Throughout Florida
If you are injured in a passenger van accident, call our firm today at (352) 505-8900 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys at Massey & Duffy. You can rest assured our team of competent legal experts will handle your case with precision. Our attorneys have years of experience handling the most difficult cases.
A variety of community and private organizations including churches, universities, after school program, businesses, and athletic clubs utilize large vans as the main mode of transportation for many activities. Passenger vans have been found to be more hazardous than typical modes of transportation. The National Transportation Safety Board has conducted in depth research as to the risks associated with passenger vans. If you or a family member regularly travel in a large passenger van, please become familiar with the NTSB Safety Alert, it could save a life.
The Design of Passenger Vans Cause Them to Have a High Crash Risk
Many of today’s modern vans are incapable of manuevering safely in dangerous situations. At other times, mistakes such as loading the van above its’ capacity can lead to fatal accidents. Other issues with vans are common and include the following:
- driver fatigue
- alcohol and drug violation
- road rage or aggressive driving
- unruly passengers
- faulty equipment and tire blowouts caused by poorly inflated tires
- distracted driving
- violation of hours of service requirements
- driver error
Regardless of the cause of the accident, our team of experienced van accident attorneys at here to help. Call (352) 505-8900 today to set up your free consultation. In the complimentary consultation our attorneys will review your situation and provide you with various information including your legal rights, responsibilities, and options.
At Massey & Duffy, our legal team has the expertise to handle all types of auto accidents. We have helped clients in Gainesville, Ocala and throughout Florida received favorable outcomes for their claims. Van collisions can cause life-threatening injuries and property damage. If you were injured in a van collision, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, compensation for lost earnings and other damages associated with the crash.
Bus Accident Remedies
Bus accident remedies are typically governed by tort theories. Common law generally plays a large role in exactly what types of remedies are available to persons injured in bus accidents. These remedies can include:
- Damages for pain and suffering
- Medical bills & future medical care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent impairments
- Scarring or disfigurement
Types of Evidence We Will Gather
- The vehicles involved in the accident: Experts are available to study the crush pattern of the vehicles in order to determine speed at the time of the accident. We will ensure outside companies do not repair the can until it is evaluated by our experts. Additionally, if your vehicle was involved in the accident, do not allow your insurance company to modify it until you consult with us!
- Log books: In some instances, van operators maintain logs which detail the number of hours they have spent actively driving. These log books can be vital to a legal argument.
- Black box data: This event data recorder is an on-board data collection device that can be extremely valuable to proving a legal violation. The black box can record valuable data like speed, throttle position and hard breaks. This information is recorded on a loop and can be lost when new information is recorder our team of van accident attorneys will have qualified experts download this information before it is lost.
- Cell phone data: Cell phone companies maintain texting and talking records, but only for a limited time. Call our attorneys immediately after an accident to ensure your evidence is preserved! We can subpoena the driver’s cell phone records to determine if the van driver was texting or talking on the phone.
- Witnesses: Time hinders our capacity to find witnesses and obtain accurate testimonies, contact our team of van accident attorneys at Massey & Duffy today. We will interview all relevant witnesses and obtain sworn affidavits as necessary. This will preserve the witness’ testimony until a deposition or trial.
- Scene physical evidence: It is critical to obtain quality photos of the scene and accurate measurements before it is too late. Skid marks, gouge marks, yaw marks and other evidence at the scene can be lost very quickly after an accident.
If you would like us to protect the evidence related to your van accident, call us any time of day at (352) 505-8900. If you are injured in a van accident, your top priority needs to be on returning to normal daily activities and recovering from your injuries. Alone, the stress from the accident can be debilitating. Contact our office today to set up a free consultation with one of our experienced van accident attorneys and let us take the burden off of you.