Burn Injuries Can Ruin a Person’s Life
Throughout Gainesville and North Central Florida the attorneys of Massey & Duffy, PLLC represent victims of burn injuries. Burns have different severity and can be caused by a variety of accidents, such as chemical burns, electrical burns, scalding from hot liquids, excessive sun exposure, or fire from matches, candles, etc. If the burn injuries are the result of negligence of somebody else, we can help.
Types of Burn Cases We Handle
- First-degree burns – “superficial burn”, outer layer of skin is damaged; skin appears red and non-blistered, minor swelling occurs
- Second-degree burns – outer layer and layer underneath has injuries, redness, swelling; skin appearance is blisters and some thickening of the skin
- Third-degree burns – severe damage to deepest layer of skin and underneath tissue; skin has widespread thickness with a white, leathery appearance
- Fourth-degree burns – effects structures beyond the skin (muscle, bones), high potential of nerve damage
If you or a loved one experiences a burn injury, seek medical attention immediately. Recovering from a burn is a mentally and physically taxing and can often take months to fully recover. In extreme cases, a burn injury may take years to recover from and require costly medical bills and painful skin grafts. The experienced burn injury lawyers of Massey & Duffy can help.
Injuries Associated with Cases We Handle
- Electrical burns – Electricity passing through the body, potentially the result of faulty equipment; sub-dermal damage likely
- Chemical burns – Exposure to a corrosive substance such as a strong acid or base; no heat source necessary; extremely painful; may be immediate or have prolonged effects
- Thermal burns – Direct exposure to heat or objects
- Scalds – A type of thermal burn, exposure to extremely hot liquid
- Explosions – Vehicle, workplace, factory or other explosion sites typically result in a lot of burn injuries
Contact an Experienced Burn Injury Attorney
Burn injuries are serious and may lead to lifelong complications. Whether your injury occurred at work, the result of a defective product, or another unique situation, you need to protect your legal rights by contacting an experienced lawyer immediately to determine if you have a case. Unlike other personal injury attorneys, the lawyers of Massey & Duffy, PLLC will not blindly accept a settlement from the other party. We will research every possible avenue of recovery to get our clients the best compensation available. Our attorneys can assist you and your loved ones to receive financial compensation for, among other things:
- Lost wages
- Medical Expenses
- Physical Therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
Maximum Monetary Recovery
At Massey & Duffy, our attorneys will aggressively investigate your case to determine who the responsible party is and whether negligence occurred. While it is difficult to put a dollar amount on an unfortunate major life event, our team will aggressively investigate your case. Our experienced attorneys are dedicated to determining the appropriate course of action. You have rights and deserve full compensation. Our legal team will conduct a thorough examination of the victims’ injuries, including consulting with the relevant medical specialists, to ensure that the victims’ rights are fully protected.
Legal Burn Related Resources
• Burns: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/burns/basics/symptoms/con-20035028
• World Health Organization: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs365/en/
• American Burn Association: http://www.ameriburn.org/resources_factsheet.php
Call to Schedule Your Free Consultation
If you or a loved one is injured in a burn accident, you need a knowledgeable and aggressive lawyer on your side. The attorneys of Massey & Duffy, PLLC have decades of experience handling the most difficult injury cases. Throughout Gainesville and North Florida our legal experts work to help people put their lives back together and recover financial compensation. Our experienced legal team will begin investigation of your claim immediately in order to preserve all time sensitive material. Do not hesitate, call our office so we can assist you in setting up a free consultation.