If you’ve ever been in a car accident you know that it’s really frustrating and stressful, most people get angry and end up doing the wrong things that will not benefit them in the long run. They end up arguing with the other party that’s involved by saying nasty words that could be used against them in the court even if they’re innocent. That’s why it is very important to know how to deal with the situation.
If proper action isn’t taken at the right time you’ll be left with regrets because you’ll have to handle all the bills by yourself, even the insurance company might neglect you if you don’t handle the situation accordingly, after all that’s what they want from you so that they can turn down your claims. Most insurance companies can trick you by asking some questions that will give them legal authority to deny your claims. In this article you’ll find some useful tips that will help you get compensated after going through a car accident.
What To Do After A Car Accident
- You should stop your car immediately after the accident, park your car away from the traffic and turn on hazard lights. Once you do that you should remain calm, it can be difficult to control your anger, but don’t panic with the other party that’s involved.
- You then check with the other party to see if they’re injured or hurt, if ambulance is needed you should call immediately, stay with them until police or ambulance have arrived at the crash site. If its safe try and clear any harmful material that’s on the road when the accident happens such as broken glasses.
- Exchange contact details with the other party if they’re conscious enough to provide you with the details, ask for name, phone, address, license and registration or any other information that might be needed.
Whenever you’re involved in a car accident there are some legal requirements from your own side:
- You must stop your car.
- You must share your name and address with the party involve in the accident.
- You should report to the police if someone is hurt or is injured. You should also file a report when there is damage of property even if the owner isn’t present at the time of the accident.
- If your car is seriously damaged you shouldn’t move it away from the accident site.
Things You Should Avoid After A Car Accident
- Don’t be aggressive or argue with the other party even if they’re at fault, this is really important.
- Avoid leaving your car in the middle of the road while you can take it away, but if you can’t take it away just leave it there.
- Don’t lie to your insurer or police, most people try to manipulate the situation so that their insurer can take care of all the liability.
Information You Should Gather After A Car Accident
After exchanging contact info with the other party you still need more details that will be beneficial when making a claim or contacting a lawyer.
- You should write down the exact location of the accident, take note of any cross road.
- Take note of the car involved and the description of the damage. Write down the color, year, model and make. Ask them if they’re the owner of the car or not.
- Write down a description of what causes or contributed to the accident, take note of weather, and road condition when the accident happened.
If You Have A Camera Phone You Should Take The Pictures Of The Following
- Take multiple images of the crash site.
- Take the image of all vehicles involved.
- Photos of traffic indicators if available.
- If road have contributed to the accident take the photos of road condition.
- If there is any injury from your own part or the other party you should consider taking a picture as well.
- Any other material that has been damaged as a result of the accident.
Should You Hire Accident Attorney?
It is highly recommended that you hire accident attorney to handle the situation with ease. Handling medical bills and other expenses can be a burden to you or your loved one. Dealing with the situation by yourself will lead to financial stress, but with the right attorney you get all the support you deserve.
Massey & Duffy, PLLC help victims of car accidents recover their losses and medical bills. They’ll help you recover financial loses that result from any car accident; they will look out for supportive evidences that will favor your case. Most insurance companies want to make more money from you by denying your claims; Massey & Duffy will fight for you and get you all the necessary care you need from your insurance company. Visit us now for a free consultation.
If you are a victim of any car accident don’t rely on your insurance company for compensation. Insurance companies can deny most of your claims, but hiring a good attorney will help protect your rights and ensures that you get the maximum coverage from your insurance company. Visit Massey & Duffy now to see how can help you deal with the situation.