The most common kind of accidents at work and public spots are slips, and falls. At times they may be very severe, but more often they lead to injuries in head or back, and maybe sometimes fractures or talking about the worst it can also lead to Paralysis also.
Road traffic accidents can be claimed but this kind of mishap is difficult to claim. For instance if a person falls walking down a street it’s difficult to decide who should be alleged for the claim.
Slip and fall accidents, personal or not?
Slipping on a wet surface is the most common kind of accident. Falling or dripping on the floor is very normal in a day to day life. Hence, the land owner cannot be held for such accidents. It is the duty of each and every person to look after himself and sort out such mistakes.
Slip And Fall Accidents – Do They Lead To Liability?
Each case is different from other, owner cannot always be held for every problem or accident. If the property landlord should be accused, it’s under the following conditions;
* Have been the reason behind spill, or any other slippery and injurious surface.
* Have known about the mishap but did not do anything to stop or control it.
The law judges if the owner or the occupier was concerned and took steps to maintain the property and prevent the occurrence of such accidents.
Common Measures To Prevent Slip And Fall Accidents
Wear and tear or floor accidents are an unstoppable processes but it can be controlled. This duty can be assigned to a specific person who will be held responsible if anything happens. He must make the efforts to regularly repair and clean the property so that there wouldn’t be any casualties. The law doesn’t mention that over the clock you have to take care of the property, but efforts must be made to maintain the property. An owner who looks after his property is less prone to be at fault than the one who doesn’t look after his belongings. However you can always mention the fact that the owner could have been careful and reasonable if you’re a victim.
How To Know If The Owner Is Responsible?
If at some point you slipped or tripped, there are some important questions asked to clarify whether the owner is responsible or not;
- If a torn carpet or broken floor was the cause of accident you need to see whether the area was long enough that owner should know earlier about the situation?
- If you fell due to something placed on the floor, was there a valid reason to place the object at that place?
- Did improper or insufficient lighting cause the problem?
Some Steps To Take After Slip And Fall Accidents;
* Seek medical help if you’re hurt so that the injuries can be recorded. Medical records can be helpful when making a claim.
* If you encounter the accident you should let the manager or owner know so that it can be looked after. And preferably get a written statement before leaving the area where the incident happened, should be signed by any of the said individual.
* Data of witnesses is also important as the articulation could help to present your point and get the compensation.
* Don’t be indulged in any arguments with any property owner. Don’t blame anyone nor do take blames from anyone.
* If you want to take a legal action consider hiring a professional attorney who has the experience and knowledge of handling such cases and can help you get your compensation.
Compensation in a slip fall
The compensation plan for these causalities will be same as the other claims; they’re based on the intensity of injuries and the accident. Getting the right lawyer will make all the necessary claims; he also ensures you get the medical leave you deserve from work, and all the other expenses that result from the accident. Take note of any damages that resulted from the mishap and take them into account while issuing a claim. It’s highly suggested that you to consult with your lawyer on how to deal with all the expenses during that resulted from slip and fall accidents.